Thursday 4 May 2017

Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J Maas


SJM is probably one of my favourite authors. Usually I'm a fan of UF, but her high fantasy has a twist that I like. And loads of epicness. LOADS. Celaena Sardothien from Throne of Glass is one badass bitch and I truly love ToG series. But to that another time. Now I'll review The Court of Thorns and Roses-series, particularly the last instalment.


The first book in this series was good. Nothing epic, just good and nice fantasy. Some things were confusing and I was afraid there will be love-triangle in the nest instalment. But there was not!  And all the confusing parts were explained in the second part, they were little hints to how things truly are and they were not what they seemed to be! I LOVED Rhysand and Feyre together.

Now, the last instalment. I pre-ordered it, and the wait, oh the wait was long. When the day finally came, luckily I had a day off the next day so I could read it until I simply couldn't stay awake anymore. That's how much I luuurve the book. Too bad the narrators doing the audio version suck big time, so I read this traditional style.

Last book was left in a bit of a cliffhanger, when Feyre went undercover to Spring Court.Was was brewing, and Hybern is as devious as ever. Feyre's sister's were whisked away into Night Court and to safety. Book starts a month after the last book left us.

Luckily. SJM does not drag off the reunion of the Court of Dreams. Tamlin was really pissy and I hated him. Luckily he came to his senses. Rhysand was self-sacrificing as ever, but no sad ending though! I think Rhysand is maybe my favorite book boyfriend. He's not as dominant as I usually like them, but he is caring, selfless and truly a badass. USually thoise don't mix but in Rhysand's case, they do. first half of the book was not as magnificent and I was a bit afraid, but the last half/last third of the book was AMAZING. Like like epicness. And epicness there was. SJM promises more of Feyre's world in 2018, maybe with another MC? Dunno, we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment